On this 10-day trip including a 7-night river cruise from Amsterdam you will follow the romantic Rhine on its winding journey from the Netherlands to the Swiss Alps. Experience medieval winetowns, cathedrals, castles, museums, and river landscapes of the kind that inspired JMW Turner and Richard Wagner. Begin in Amsterdam with a Rijksmuseum visit and a canal boat tour, then cruise the Rhine to visit Köln, Rudesheim, Stuttgart and Colmar.
Visit: Amsterdam, Dordrecht, Cologne, Rüdesheim, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart, Breisach, Colmar, Basel, Lucerne, Bern, Jungfraujoch, Zurich
- 2 nights at the Hotel Bellevue Bern and 7 nights onboard the riverboat
- 24 meals & unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
- Airport & train transfers upon arrival and departure
- All private Tauck shore excursions
- Travelling with Tauck's private group and the same Tauck Director on land and at sea aboard the ship
- Tauck Exclusive – reception at the Unterlinden Museum in Colmar
- Tauck Exclusive – dinner and entertainment at Schloss Ehreshoven, a German castle dating back to the 15th century
- A boat tour along Amsterdam’s canals, followed by a guided visit to the Rjiksmuseum
- Optional visit to Jungfraujoch, high in the snow-clad Swiss Alps
- Optional visit to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart
- Visit to Siegfried’s Musikkabinett, a museum of self-playing mechanical musical instruments
Departs: 25 July 2017 (01 September and 09 October 2017 also available, prices vary)
*Conditions apply. Ref no: 15520
*Conditions apply: Prices are per person twin share in AUD unless otherwise specified. Prices are correct as at 1 May 17 & are subject to change without notice & availability at time of booking. Seasonal surcharges & single supplements may apply, & prices may vary due to currency fluctuations & changes to taxes & surcharges. Valid for new bookings only & not combinable with any other offers. Land / Cruise Price includes everything described in General Information as well as Tauck shore excursions, cruise fare, port charges, applicable fuel surcharges, bar and restaurant beverages throughout the day aboard ship, including house wines and spirits, entertainment and gratuities to Tauck Director and ship staff. Departures will be hosted by one Tauck Director for approximately every 40 guests. Further conditions may apply. Booking, cancellation & credit card service fees may apply.